Re: Fedora 9 on ASUS EeePC 900

Philip Heron wrote:
Peter Robinson wrote:
Is there anything in your kernel that might improve the stability of the
intel video driver over the stock fedora kernel? I'm getting quite a lot of hard lock-ups and random X restarts if I don't disable video acceleration,
but then playing video is impossible.

Have you tried disabling FrameBufferCompression?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it last night but it didn't help.

For anyone else having this problem, I seem to have solved it by disabling the composite extension. I'm able to play video and games without any crashing or lock ups now.

I added these lines to my xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
	Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

Not ideal, but I've got a usable laptop again.

-Phil