Re: mono and silverlight

On Tue, 2008-08-19 , Simo Sorce wrote:

We will just avoid packaging moonlight, but maybe other
mono programs can take advantage of the same stuff that the moonlight
enablement activates inside mono ?

I think so.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 , Gerald Henriksen wrote:

--with-moonlight=yes,no

		Whether you want to generate the Silverlight/Moonlight
		libraries and toolchain in addition to the default
		(1.1 and 2.0 APIs).

		This will produce the `smcs' compiler which will
                reference
		the Silvelright modified assemblies (mscorlib.dll,
		System.dll, System.Code.dll and System.Xml.Core.dll)
                and turn
	  	on the LINQ extensions for the compiler.

Our dotnet guys here are jazzed about LINQ.
That might be something useful to people programming in Mono, but not Silverlight.

I don't know if the above compiler extensions are truly required to use LINQ, or if Mono has enough LINQ support for it to be useful. In fact I only know enough about dotnet and Mono to be really really dangerous.

Charles Dostale