Re: libgweather 50Mb??

Rex Dieter wrote:
Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

IIRC it gets dragged in too if you want just NetworkManager-gnome...
Heh. Yeah, it does... because NetworkManager-gnome has a dependency on
gnome-panel (I'd say due to the NetworkManager applet), which then pulls
in libgweather (suspecting the clock applet for this)...

This is a killer space-wise for non-desktop(gnome) spins.  If I find some time over the next week or so, I'll take a closer look at ways to address this.

-- Rex

The bug report Jim filed states that the issue is now "resolved". Somebody mentioned there that with Gnome 2.23, there'd be a Locations.XX.xml file for each language... don't know if this helps much, but it seems to be an improvement (just the question when this update is going to hit Fedora - 2.24 should afaik out by the end of September). But definitely agreed! That's kind of... carzy for non-gnome spins, which just include NetworkManager-gnome. I also came across this PersonalCopy-Lite-patches package... fortunately, it's the lite version - it has a size of 44 MB and is a dependency of SDL_Mixer. Well, maybe not this right stuff for this thread, but still...

--Sebastian