Re: F10Alpha installer automatically searching "Everything" repo?

Chris Lumens writes:

I just started the F10 Alpha installer to upgrade from F9. It started spinning away, and away??? I flipped to the console window, and saw that it established an http connection to one of the Fedora mirrors. I don't recall enabling remote repo access in the F10 installer. Can someone confirm that I'm not missing something here, and that the F10 installer will indeed automatically enable remote repos.

If you don't give it somewhere else to install from (via passing the
repo= command line option), it will default to using the Fedora
mirrorlist.  There's the repo editor if you would like to change that,
though it's a little busted right now.  Working on that.

Errr -- I told it exactly where to install from. When Anaconda started, stage 1 asked me for the install method, I picked "install from a URL", which I understood to be what what "install via HTTP" in previous releases, and I gave it the http URL to my loopback-mounted DVD install image. It loaded stage 2 just fine, from my loopback-mounted, but then completely forgot about it, and then installed from a remote repo, all night.

I don't need a repo editor. I just need it to load packages from the URL I told Anaconda to install from, just like I've done many times in pre-F10.

Bug 458899