Re: Revert curl change made for flash

Josh Boyer wrote:
I'd like to formally request that this curl change be reverted:

* Mon Aug 11 2008 Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> 7.18.2-4
- make miniature library for libcurl.so.3

Due to the fact that it was simply made to accommodate proprietary
software, as described in this blog entry:

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/27778.html

There are at least a dozen other proprietary applications that could
"benefit" from making similar changes to other packages, and we
certainly wouldn't make those changes for them.  Flash should be no
different.

josh

You are proposing removing a zero maintenance 2496 byte file that would permanently break Flash 10 forever in Fedora.

They are not violating any licenses like NVidia, and we seriously are not going out of our way to allow it to work. Extremist views are rarely the most productive.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx