Re: Fedora Package Status of Aug 12, 2008 [gnome-ppp]

Christoph Wickert wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 09:48 +0300 schrieb Ville Skyttä:
On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Christoph Wickert wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 01:35 +0200 schrieb Christian Iseli:
Hi folks,

After a rather long delay, I have managed to update the PackageStatus
page again.  In the meantime, we had a new FAS, wiki, and bugzilla...

There are probably many wrinkles, but for now that's the best I got.
Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp is
listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potential_pr
oblems
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_packa
ges_dropped_between_release_9_and_devel
Is the package's status EOL?  If so, it has not been properly marked as such:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

Not true. I followed all the steps in the list except 5. I did not do 5.
because
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages says
that page isn't up to date anyway and one should better use pkgedb.

somewhat of a tangent -- being able to differentiate between orphaned and retired packages in the package database is coming soon. maploin has been hard at work making the UI and the backend use the status field to mark orphan, retired, and other useful statuses.

-Toshio