Re: OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

max wrote:
Anders Karlsson wrote:
* Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> [20080728 08:39]:
On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The threads that Gilboa mentions is the sole reason I implemented
Sieve in my mailserver at home. fedora-devel and fedora-list became
interesting and useful about as soon as those threads were filtered
out.

Read in to it what you want.
You miss my point.   Are these discussions valuable or not. If they
are not... then we shouldn't make a place for them.... period.  I
don't see anyone who actually standing up and saying these things are
valued and thus worth preparing a special place for in our resource
pool.  If we are only considering making more channels so some of us
can ignore others among us because they are talking about things we
don't care about... I'm not prepared to support that.

I see what you mean.

Are the discussions in question valuable? No, they are about as useful
as a chocolate teapot.

Speak for yourself.

I'll consider supporting additional dedicated communications channel
for things when the people who find value in the discussion in
question ask for a dedicated list. They must be able to make the case
that such dedicated communication will actually be useful in helping a
team of people work together towards some identified task or goal
which helps moves the project forward.

Cool, I'll carry on with the kill-lists then. If any of the
participants would ever consider contributing anything remotely
valuable in future, I'll remain in blissful ignorance. Despite me
participating in one or two of the threads, I consider them to be
ultimately harmful to the Fedora Project, and to Red Hat, a point I
have stated.

How can a discussion of open source and the GPL be harmful to Fedora or Red Hat?
In what bizarro universe does that even begin to make sense.
People that don't find the conversation useful should ignore it, that is after all what mail filters were created to do.

Sure let's create new filter for each thread that I can not read because
- I do not have the time to follow
- I do not have the knowledge to understand

hm... I gonna like it !

Pierre