Re: No login after KDE 4.0.98 rawhide update

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
Rawhide is supposed to work. The point of rawhide is to get feedback on items before we release. If rawhide doesn't work, that makes it rather difficult to get feedback. Which is the problem we hit frequently. I'm pretty annoyed that many people seem to treat rawhide as a dumping ground.

You probably didn't mean to imply that anyway, but (just so people don't get the wrong impression) I want to make clear that KDE SIG is _not_ treating Rawhide as a dumping ground. On the contrary, KDE 4.1 is now in RC state and we are planning to push it as an update for Fedora 9 in 2 to 4 weeks (because it fixes many bugs in KDE 4.0 and readds some features which were lost in the 3.5->4.0 transition), so it is expected to fully work!

Right, I wasn't targeting KDE specifically. It was more of a general statement that there are still a non-zero amount of people who treat rawhide as such, and we need to fix that.