Re: InstantMirror Redesign / current best /simplest way to achieve

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

refresh_pattern repodata/.*$    0       0%      0
refresh_pattern .*rpm$    0     0%      0

Also with any squid.conf you will need these lines in order to guarantee
that your repodata and RPMS stay consistent with your upstream source. This
is because proxies do not handle data changing without changing the
filename.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

Ok thanks, what I did was comment out the mirror list url, and just
use the base url. I'll add those refresh patterns, but doesn't the
second one effectively turn of caching of *.rpm?

Not exactly. It checks with the source server on every request if the data changed, but it doesn't re-download the entire thing. The only way we could do this without checking the upstream source is if all filenames on the mirrors changed every time their contents change. This is possible and we considered this for repodata, but decided against it because it would have broke earlier clients. This is also currently not possible with the RPMS themselves. Hence the need for refresh_pattern rules.

refresh_pattern images/.*$    0       0%      0

I just realized that you probably want this additional rule to provide the same guarantees for stage2.img and other stuff in that directory.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx