Re: Requirements gathering for new package source control

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 21:16 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> I just had another idea (correct me, when thats already possible -
> again):
> How about some kind of automagic spec file generation for the versioning
> part? Some kind of every commit/branch gets its own Version header
> generated, that would easily allow every possible assertion on how
> versioning information shall be handled.

This somewhat possible now, I think the kernel package has done
something like this in the past.  It makes the spec file look like soup
though, and not very friendly to those that want to base their work off
your spec file outside our source control.  Personally I'd rather stay
away from source control magic making it's way into the specfiles.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)