Re: F9 Live USB IO Errors

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

I've made some live USB sticks with persistent overlays for a few
people.  3 of the people have now told me that they can no longer boot
as they get IO errors with what looks like corrupted filesystems.  Has
this happened to anyone else?  The USB sticks were a variety of 1 GB and
2 GB models from various manufacturers and I've never had any issues
with them before.

Well, it happened to me, but after I pressed the "reset" button while doing a massive yum install (the computer was frozen while playing with Compiz during the install). (as a matter of fact, that happened to me twice, don't remember why I used reset the second time).

And I had some strange IO errors in another occasion (at the F9 Release Party, gave a KDE4 stick to people to play with it, after a while the GUI was frozen, Ctrl+Alt+F1 to a text terminal showed some IO errors, didn't get the time to see if it still boots)