Re: Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2008 02:13:41 -0400
Richard Hally <rhally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Josh Boyer wrote:
Let the naming begin!  We're starting very early this time around in
the name game for F10.  So, let the suggestions flow!

Remember the rules:

1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur

More specifically, the link should be
	Sulphur is a <blank> and
	<NewName> is a <blank>
Where <blank> is the same for both

2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
Werewolf and Sulphur.  That link was "things that react badly with
silver".

I will be collecting suggestions for 1 week, so the cutoff for names is:

May 29, 2008

Suggestions will be run through the legal queue and an election will
happen for Fedora contributors to pick the next Fedora name.

josh

Acid -- "we are all on Acid" or "give it an Acid test"

sulfur is a chemical -> acid is a chemical.

Sulfur is an element, not a chemical.

josh

To be a little pedantic, chemical -- the noun usage is defined in my dictionary as "A substance produced by or used in a chemical process". The adjective usage is defined as 1. "Of or pertaining to chemistry" 2. "Of or pertaining to the properties of chemicals".

Strictly speaking all elements are chemicals. Chemical compounds usually have multiple elements but a single element is still a chemical.