Re: What ever happened to "Stateless Linux"?

I forgot to CC the list on the last message, so in case anyone else is interested, this did work quite well after a little local tweaking.

It may or may not be interesting to note that anaconda under Fedora 9 failed to run to completion from the command line, but it worked very well under 8.

Thanks again, Bill!

Phil

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Phil Regier (pregier@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
Great; thanks! All I'm looking for is simple readonly-root with no management/deployment needed; should I (theoretically) just be able to hack my way through the old CreateClientImage guide with any recent Fedora release, then, and just boot the results with an existing pxelinux server, ignoring the old StatelessServer RPM for the most part?

Just set up your filesystem (with whatever method) and set READONLY=yes
in /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root

Bill