Re: Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> said:
That has nothing to do with what I said. I'm suggesting that fedora should ship with interfaces that are publicized as standard, and allow time for changes in this standard to propagate before shipping something different from the standard.

The Fedora and X developers did publicize the change several months ago.
The X.org code has been available for testing, and Fedora has had
several test releases with the code integrated.

I thought someone said it was only a week or so ago that the ABI was even internally/informally pronounced as stable.

What more do you expect?  Do they have to take out an ad in the New York
Times or send certified snail mail to nVidia?

Just naming it 1.5 would probably have been sufficient per the nVidia forum posting about targeting the release.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx