Re: Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Dave Airlie wrote:
> Let me repeat via cut-n-paste:
1. X.org ABI for 1.5 is what we ship in F9, this hasn't changed in
months, I've ported 15 other drivers to it in this time. It will not
change before 1.5 final is released.

Seems odd that you knew it wasn't going to change and had time to port drivers but no one else knew.

2. Nvidia don't release drivers for X.org releases.

Are you speaking for them? On their own Linux forum someone who appears to be an employee says:

"Full support, including GLX support, for xorg-server 1.5 will be available in a future driver release after the video driver ABI has been finalized"

That sorta sounds like a plan to release a driver for the Xorg release to me. Too bad we haven't had one. Or an announcement that the ABI was finalized by the time that was written.

I was as much responsible for shipping 1.5 pre-release in Fedora as ajax
was, and funnily these threads actually move me to break the nvidia
driver more often rather than less :-)

Gotta love the spirit of cooperation here. Can you break VMware and skype a little more too for the trifecta of linux-supporting vendors?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx