Re: Glitch-Free PulseAudio in Rawhide

darrell pfeifer wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the rationale of purposely breaking sound for most people in rawhide. While the fedora kernel guys are speedy, it could be a while before a kernel with the patch appears.

I know rawhide people take their chances. Still, I would have thought waiting a bit for the kernel to sync up with the patch would have been a more prudent option.

I would gladly sync my data to a non-development version of Fedora and continue to use rawhide on my main box (and presumably file more bug reports) if such things were better coordinated. I still do something similar but usually more to the end of the development cycle ~ last couple of months or so.

This isn't just for getting better feedback from testers but also making rawhide a better development environment. The recent yum or glibc issues in rawhide would have affected a lot of developers too. We haven't had a shabby job of this at all but we could certainly do it better.

Rahul