Re: Fedora 9 livecd-creator questions

William Cohen wrote:
Hi All,

I have previously generated a livecd spin that includes a Systemtap tutorial (based on F-7 and F-8). I am updating this livecd to be based on Fedora 9. I have a couple questions when going through this process to build a SystemTap tutorial.

The /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-9-base-desktop.ks has :

selinux --enforcing

However this appears to cause the machine creating the livecd to hang as mentioned in Red Hat bz #445630. I guess for the time being turn off selinux when generating a livecd. It is a less drastic workaround for this?

Set it to permissive mode. Turning it off entirely would prevent you from creating a live cd with SELinux enforcing since the labels wouldn't be correct. Refer ongoing fedora-selinux list discussions for details.

I am doing the livecd creation on a x86_64 machine, but I want the livecd to be an 32-bit (i386) version. Is "setarch i386" command preceeding the livecd-creator, the way to build a 32-bit livecd on a 64-bit machine without modifying the kickstart file?

Yes.

For some of the experiments in the tutorial root access in a shell is required. What would be the preferred way to allow someone using the livecd to get root access on the livecd?

Sure. The default root passwords are blank on the other live images too.

We would be happy to make the SystemtapTap tutorial livecd images available as a custom spin. How does one get a custom spin onto the following list:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

We, the spins SIG are responsible for this now. Guidelines at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins

Rahul