Re: augeas - reading/modifying/writing system configuration files

Bill Nottingham wrote:
_What should use augeas?_

All system-config-* tools should use augeas, as well as every tool modifying system configuration files like e.g. NetworkManager.

_Why should I switch my tool to use augeas?_

* not to reinvent the wheel
* one source to rule them all

If you have an existing already-invented parser for something, what's
the benefit?

Bill

maintenance?

ok, if you read only, and your parser is dead simple, then there might be no sense to switch.
also, if your config file has a complicated special syntax and no augeas lens exist.