Re: Multilib Middle-Ground

Callum Lerwick wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 09:58 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
I don't understand why anyone would have any interest in an operating system that can only run its own programs. Aside from the obvious limitations since no one could seriously expect it to include all possibilities, it has to be an enormous waste of effort to build the specialized versions and package them in repositories that few people will use anyway.

You clearly Don't Get It and no amount of explaining it to you is going
to help. Please, just stop talking.

No, I don't expect any amount of explaining to make me want something that is clearly not useful to me. This isn't the first time you've had a choice about supporting multi-arch libs though. Why the hostility when changing your own direction?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx