Re: Multilib Middle-Ground

Paul Howarth wrote:
> I think we are all actually in violent agreement here, it's just that some proprietary vendors seem to go out of their way to defeat the dependency mechanisms that would help tools like yum install their software.

Have you looked at what packages have to include to install on more than one linux distro/version? And fedora is the worst of the bunch in terms of not being compatible with last week's version of itself. Give the 3rd party packagers a target before you complain about them missing it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx