Re: how to avoid package naming conflicts?

Holger Dörner wrote:
Hi all,

I have just a short (and maybe stupid) question:
I want to build a RPM and SRPM for a library, cause I need the latest
version from upstream. My problem is, the package allready exists in
Fedora repo (older version), so there would be a naming conflict.
How do I avoid this conflict? Just put something in the name to identify
it clearly?

Btw: The library is libewf and I need it for sleuthkit for forensics,
but it doesn't build with current libewf in F8. If all goes fine I also
would like to set up my own repo.

Thank you so far.

Talk to the maintainer of libewf and check if the maintainer can get the release bumped up to the version you want.

Rahul