Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

max bianco wrote:

 You are making a very good argument for that user to find a different
distribution if you are doing things just to make him work harder.

You are working very hard to intentionally misunderstand where I am
coming from, easy is not always better.

No, I understand it, but in my experience it is wrong.

I understand your arguments
and they are sound. Fine and good , I am merely voicing my concerns.
Will you address this concern?or continue to ignore it?

I'm not ignoring it, I keep pointing out why it is wrong.

What about the
user who hoses his system with fdisk by accident?

a) This is much more likely after he has been frustrated by having to track down the command in the first place or waste time fixing silly defaults, and b) is really none of your business. If you have the root password, the system is supposed to do what you tell it. If you don't want someone to be able to break their system with fdisk, don't give them root access. If you do give them the root password, or it's their machine in the first place, then make it easy to do things the right way instead of frustrating them so they are confused and angry before even starting to use the correct tools.

Will he love Fedora
for it?

No one can blame fedora for what they type into fdisk as root themselves.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx