Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

My concern would more be on the sudden appearance in PATH of daemons that have no business being run from the shell even as root (other than for debugging), such has httpd or wpa_supplicant, but maybe that's another debate...

Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with debugging, or that it should be made more difficult???

???

in the past year, how many times have you started httpd by running manually, rather than by 'service httpd start' ?

Most of our web services are java and done by another group now, but when I was more involved and using mod_perl I'd start it that way regularly to be able to run a single instance where I could debug execution. It's not something unexpected.

Not unexpected but also not an everyday task for the majority of users. I'm sure prepending /sbin/ to your command og modding your env to include /sbin in your path would be okay in situations like this.

It is always OK.

The fact that a few ppl think some particular config is the best, doesn't automatically mean that everybody else thinks so too.

Try it and report back when you see an actual problem.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx