Re: Sazanami and VLGothic fonts

Warren Togami さんは書きました:
"VLGothic provides Japanese TrueType fonts from the Vine Linux project.
Most of the glyphs are taken from the M+ and Sazanami Gothic fonts,
but some have also been improved by the project."

Does this mean that VLGothic is a superset of Sazanami?

Probably Tagoh knows more detail, but my understanding is that VLGothic has reworked a lot of original glyphs from Sazanami Gothic, so actually overall they are pretty different faces now.

(Could these be considered redundant fonts taking up space unnecessarily? I'm guessing not, but just checking to be sure.)

No, but I would only install Sazanami now for Japanese users.

Jens