Re: ogre, vavoom

David Timms wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
    * ogre -- Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine
    * vavoom -- Enhanced Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife source port

Both interest me, but having only one fedora package under my belt - I guess I need other's guidance on whether that is realistic proposition ?

vavoom has a very active and helpfull upstream, so its really an easy package, so I say go for it!

As for ogre its more important to be good with c++ then having lots of packaging experience. Beware that you should only update ogre to a new upstream release in devel, or in special circumstances on the latest release with lots of prior warning as every new upstream ogre release breaks the ABI (and these days luckily also the soname, making the break evidently, it took me some education of upstream to get there).

Let me know which ones you want (if any) and I'll release them in pkgdb.

Regards,

Hans