Re: disk devices in F9 interchanged

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Joachim Backes wrote:
I my actual F8, I have 2 disk devices: One Sata-Disk: /dev/sda, and 1 IDE-Disk: /dev/sdb. But in F9 Beta, these two disks seem to be interchanged (/dev/sda <--> /dev/sdb). Is this true, and if yes, why?

Regards

Should drive detection change from alpha to beta? Does it really make any differnce?

F9 Beta changed my drive sequence from 360GB ide (sda) + 3 160GB satas (sdb..d) to 3 160GB satas (sda..c) + 360GB ide (sdd). Since I use LVs and labels, the only issue was the bios boot sequence which anaconda ignored and I fixed during boot configuration during install.

F9 alpha, F8, unity and centos all saw the drive sequences the same and bios boot sequence was correct.

The strangeness continues: installation from F9 Beta DVD was as above and fstab was created with /dev/sdd5, not some UUID, as swap. Somewhere along the line after one of the rawhide updates, the drive sequence has changed back to the original. I discovered this when I saw a msg about a swapon error and saw /dev/sdd5 in fstab and fdisk shows it is now /dev/sda5. Swaps used to be created with labels which would have avoided this issue.

The question now becomes why wasn't /dev/sdd5 UUID used to id the swap device during the original installation? Or do they pertain to swap devices? I see that blkid /dev/sda5 returns only:
/dev/sda5: TYPE="swap".