Re: Re: Fedora 9 beta - livecd-iso-to-disk

Andrew Farris wrote:
After downloading Fedora-9-Beta-Live-KDE-i686.iso I mounted it using

I tried filing a bug report in RedHat/Bugzilla against "Fedora 9 Beta KDE live CD" but I couldn't find an entry, so I'm posting here.

While running the Live CD find out which package is providing that script, and file the bug against that package. Use rpm -qf ./path/to/script

Basically this script should be smarter in two ways.

1. Know if the partition is on a disk that already has grub installed in the boot sector and just update the grub directory (easy?).

Yes that should probably be done instead and the kernel install %post scriptlets should probably have everything that needs to know how to do it.

2. Allow a "full install from ISO" to the specified partition and ask questions afterward (harder?).

Anaconda runtime should handle that use case, installing to disk while booted from Live CD is an anaconda job. Was there no 'Install' desktop launcher? I haven't booted an F9 beta live cd yet so I'm not sure whether that is there.

C'mon guys - it's a script that allows you to write the live-CD image to a usb stick. I used this script to write the live-CD image to a hard disk partition and boot off it.

Philip