Re: Res: Suggestion Next Release

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But at the same time... I'm sure a good quality run poll, with a
sufficiently large
statistical pool of voters, would be welcomed as an argument *for change*
in the default.

I think you are wrong about that being a perceived as valuable. I certainly
wouldn't assume it.  Because popularity doesn't speak to technical aspects
of usability... not one bit.  But please, if you feel strongly about that,
suggest it upstream and see how they react.

Don't misunderstand me... I don't want the default changed, neither do I think the poll would be valuable simply as a poll. What I suggested was that those who want the default changed need to make an argument, not just continue to say everyone hates spatial browsing; as part of that argument a properly conducted poll may be useful, but only as a part of an argument for change. I'm not suggesting that a poll by itself would make up a good reason to change anything.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net