Re: Documentation of encrypted disks

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 17:36:30 -0700,
  Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 16:44 -0400, Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> > Can someone point me to official fedora docs on howto encrypt partition
> > like swap?
>
> Although it may not help your current need, we are working on such a
> guide:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/CryptoGuide

Based on the targeted audience there should really be a caveats section
that explains some of the limitations of encryption systems. There was another
recent thread about how users unfamiliar with encryption might think their
data is magically protected by having their data on encrypted partitions,
when in fact there are a number of ways other people could get access to
that data. By listing some of the possible ways that people could get at their
data they should be better able to judge the risks and potentially take
steps to mitigate those that they think might be a real problem for them.