KVM and the new virtio drivers

Hi,
I'm trying to get a F9 guest running using the new virtio block device but seem to run into trouble with LVM. I rebuilt the initrd in the guest adding the options "--with=virtio_pci --with=virtio_blk" and after booting the kernel correctly detects vd1 and vd2 but then fails to find any volume groups. Using "media=disk" instead of "if=virtio" brings the guest up fine. Is there a special option needed to make the kernel/initrd find the volume group on these virtual block devices?

Are these drivers stable enough to maybe put them into the initrd by default? I would be nice to be able to boot a F9 guest with the paravirtualized drivers out of the box without having to build a custom initrd image.

Regards,
  Dennis