Re: Suggestion Next Release

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Dimi Paun <dimi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All I heard up to this point are complicated/unreasonable/unfeasible
solutions for newbies for a problem that we created and it's easy to
fix. Wouldn't it be a lot more reasonable to give people by default what
they are used to, and let power-users flip a switch?

I assure you WE didnt create the 2nd mouse button.. it has existed
historically for decades now. WE just make use of it, because its there to
be made use of.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the assumption that navigating with the file manager should open new windows as a surprising and difficult-to-avoid side effect. Applications are supposed to have an 'open new window' option in the 'File' menu so it isn't hard to get one when you want it. There's no reason to leave a trail of them as an accidental side effect of a normal double-click or right-mouse/open.
It isn't that the oddball action is impossible, it is just wrong.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx