Re: Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Dimi Paun <dimi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Folks,
>  >
>  >  As some of you might remember, I have experienced hell
>  >  with Fedora sound ever since, well, FC3 or maybe  earlier.
>  >  Every time I complained, I was told to file bug reports,
>  >  which I did, and nothing much was done about it.
>
>  Just to let you know what has been working for, as I have almost zero
>  sound related issues:
>
>  Sound Blaster Live + KDE artsd. I can play music, watch tv (via
>  mythtv) and see a video in flash all at the same time.

soundblaster live with emu10k1 was always the best supported card in
linux for me. it also doesent use the software mixing crap but has a
real hardware mixer.  if you are lucky you still get one of those
emu10k1 cards on ebay for 1 or 2 euros ;) otherwise you probably have
to deal with ac97 crap.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl