Re: default partition scheme without /home - why ?

Chris Snook wrote:

If you can come up with a formula that properly handles anything from 2 GB (You can buy a brand-new EeePC Surf with this) to 1 TB, and correctly guesses how many OSes the user plans to multi-boot or virtualize, I'd be glad to go with that, but I can pretty much guarantee that it will piss off more people than the current default behavior, which cannot possibly be wrong, even if it's not always ideal.

The current behavior is always wrong when it it time to reinstall and you don't have a place to copy your work out while the new install reformats.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx