Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 19:46 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
I'm pretty sure you want catch all cases, but if we go this way, shall we do that then _before_ making the tags immutable?

Yes, that would be part of the process.  Put out a call to find users of
force-tag and come up with clever ways to avoid those situations.

I think the ones which can be catched automatically is easy, parse.spec files for all PatchX: and SourceX: lines and make sure they are either in cvs or in the sources file. This could even also do a check for files in sources/cvs no longer referenced from the .spec file.

As for other issues like adding a configure switch to use a certain library, but forgetting to add the BuildRequires, and being lucky that configure bails ebcause of this, I don't think we would be able to detect those. But I guess a that to have to do a release bump in those rare circumstances would be ok.

Regards,

Hans