Re: Announcing FAS2 Tests!

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:30:53AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
Well, we've been working on it for a long time and even with a last minute
core technology change FAS2 is ready for testing and almost ready for
deployment.  What is FAS2 you ask?  Its the second iteration of the Fedora
Accounts System.  It's based off of TurboGears and has so many standards
and future expandability I won't even go into that here.  What I will say
is that we'd like everyone to come test it before we deploy it in the next
week or two.

The test site is at:  https://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

This system is completely separate from the current running system so feel
free to come in, setup a test account, or 2 or 10, and groups.  If you'd
like admin or sponsor access to a group just stop by #fedora-admin and ask
for it and someone will set you up.  What are features to look forward to
in FAS2?

    * Online help system
    * Translations (the systems there but without translations currently)
    * JSON Interface
    * More comprehensive client for shell access
    * Easier to sign the CLA
    * OpenID interface (work in progress)
    * Much less developer-centeric interface

It doesn't seem to automatically log me in with the SSL/x509 certificate
I have. I thought x509 based auto-login ala-Koji  was one of the targetted
features for FAS2 ?  Or is the demo system not pre-populated with existing
FAS accounts ?

That's something we need to add via a new TurboGears identity provider. It's a separate step from creating FAS2.

-Toshio