Re: sense of packaging firefox' addons?

Lubomir Kundrak pisze:
On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 21:35 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
hi,

I saw Ubuntu is puting Firefox' addons to repo.

I wonder why, while Firefox has now integrated search for addons and
better addons site is planned...

I don't think we should package extensions, but what do you think about
that situation in U?

Packaging addons makes perfect sense. As much as does packaging CPAN
modules. You get benefits of a good packaging and update system with
that. Obvious examples are ability to put the addon into repository and
add it to your kickstart, or stay up-to date with security fixes.

But addons can be easily installed in Firefox and also, they're personal selection...

This is like packaging... Color scheme for KDE [small and easily installable].