Re: et tu, wvdial Re: RFE: Remove isdn4k-utils from base installs

Florian La Roche wrote:
How many servers do you have that need dial-up? Would anyone in Europe care to comment on this question? Do you have any servers that need dial-up support installed as part of a minimal install?

Hello Lamont,

isdn is only needed for dialup, but looking at the comps file in
Fedora-development, isdn4k-utils is only listed in the dialup group.

So question is what dependency is moving in these tools and if that
can be changed within Fedora.

I'm honestly confused about this because I've done a number of rawhide installs and not had isdn4k-utils end up on any of them so far. If you don't want dialup showing up it doesn't seem to be that hard to avoid to me.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net