Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

Greetings from Feature Country,

If you are a current Fedora 9 feature owner, please make sure your feature has been accepted and is listed on this page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList. If you expected to find your feature there, but did not, please make sure your feature page is complete and in CategoryProposedFeature so that I can propose it for acceptance at FESCo's next meeting.

Just a brief reminder that the Fedora 9 Feature Freeze is currently schedule for Tuesday, March, 4, 2008. This means a few things.

First, after this date *no new features will be accepted for Fedora 9* as we shift our attention from development and testing to stabilization, testing, testing, and testing.

Second, with the Fedora 9 Beta release following the freeze date we will be asking all feature owners to review their feature pages to make sure they are current, update the % of completion and "last updated date". Information on these pages will serve as a community focal point for your feature.

Third, any features that are not complete by the freeze date will be evaluated by FESCo to determine if they should remain in Fedora 9 or be deferred to a future release. If you know for sure that your feature is not ready for Fedora 9, please change its feature page to CategoryProposedFeature to save us time making this determination.

The complete feature process is described here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Thanks for your help,
The Feature Wrangler