Re: SELinux smolt stats

Benjamin Kreuter wrote:
On Wednesday 20 February 2008 05:45:47 Valent Turkovic wrote:
If this arguments are true for Fedora 8 than it looks like that more
people dislike selinux than like it, right?

It is also possible that they had not enabled SELinux in the past, and never had time to enable it in more recent Fedora releases. Enabling SELinux for the first time requires the entire filesystem to be scanned, and for some people who have large disks and have been using their system for a while, that could be a hassle, so they may choose to not do it.

Also remember that these stats do not represent an unbiased sample, and should not be taken to be an indication of the broad Fedora user base.

-- Benjamin Kreuter

+1

I don't run SELinux on anything right now because I turned it off way back when and never bothered to turn it back on.

--CJD