Re: How important are ISO standards to Fedora?

I suspect you might not have interpreted Jef's sarcasm quite right, because I don't read him as +1 for changing anything there. Any choice of 'default' in paper sizes would simply be wrong somewhere... the only reasonable thing Fedora 'should' do is choose the most likely default based on locale. Maybe some more work needs done on that (which is a configuration issue).

Lack of early strong black coffee made me put the line (+1 Fedora should default to the ISO standard)
in the wrong place so it looked like I was +1-ing Jef
which was not what I was doing I was rooting for
Fedora should default to standards in this case ISO..

BR.
        Johann B.
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801