[Invitasjon] (Ikke noe emne) @ fr. 8. feb. 8et - 9et ()

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Google Inc//Google Calendar 70.9054//EN
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080208T190000Z
DTEND:20080208T200000Z
DTSTAMP:20080208T185759Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Trond Danielsen:MAILTO:trond.danielsen@xxxxxxxxx
UID:q5bogkh18uo23j19p05sn1rvhg@xxxxxxxxxx
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=
 TRUE;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:MAILTO:fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE
 ;CN=Trond Danielsen;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:MAILTO:trond.danielsen@xxxxxxxxx
CLASS:PRIVATE
CREATED:20080208T185758Z
 ll\,\n> \n> Starting a new thread for the autodownload discussion which has
  forked of the\n> google-earth thread.\n> \n> [...]\n> \n> I must say that
 any complaints about autodownloader before codecbuddy gets\n> removed\, to
 me\, are nothing short of hypocritical\, and therefor will not be\n> taken
 very seriously by me.\n> \n> Regards\,\n> \n> Hans\n\nIn the world of softw
 are nothing is only black and white\; most of the stuff we ship will fall i
 nto a gray area one way or another. Let me mention a few.\n\n1. Online-desk
 top: The world of free software has "fought" proprietary software for many
 years\, only to partner up with the WWW behemoth that Google is. The purpos
 e of the online-desktop is to integrate online services like flickr and Goo
 gle with the rest of the system. Despite their public APIs online services
 are proprietary software just like Microsoft Office. Should we ban any appl
 ication that makes it easy to access such services?\n\n2. Firmware: Oh how
 I love that my network card works perfectly immediately after a fresh insta
 ll\, but there is no doubt that it contradicts the spirit of free sw.\n\n3.
  Codec buddy: Already mentioned and discussed. But would we allow a similar
  solution if Nvidia decided to create a Video Buddy?\n\nConclusion: I think
  there are many issues that are far more controversial than the autodownloa
 der scripts. The effort made by Hans has made Fedora a great gamers platfor
 m\, and I do not think many end-users would understand the rational for rem
 oving them if this is what is the result from this discussion.\n\nRegards\,
 \n-- \nTrond Danielsen\n\n\n\n\nSe hendelsen din på http://www.google.com/c
 alendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=cTVib2draDE4dW8yM2oxOXAwNXNuMXJ2aGcgZmVkb3JhL
 WRldmVsLWxpc3RAcmVkaGF0LmNvbQ&tok=MjUjdHJvbmQuZGFuaWVsc2VuQGdtYWlsLmNvbTNhY
 mE0OGNlNzlhOTY3ZmMyMWE5NDhlZjQwODE1ZmE1NWI1ZjQ0ZWE&ctz=Europe%2FOslo&hl=no.
LAST-MODIFIED:20080208T185758Z
SEQUENCE:0
STATUS:CONFIRMED
SUMMARY: