Re: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method

Hans de Goede wrote:
Jarod Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 30 January 2008 09:40:20 am Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Mer 30 janvier 2008 15:05, Rex Dieter a écrit :
yep, spot and I chatted about this @ FUDCon, his guess was that
hwclock was
running too early, possibly before udev had a chance to
create /dev/rtc.  ??
I think I don't have this message with my home-built mm kernels, so
it's probably a mistake in rawhide's kernel config (IIRC there are two
rtc stacks in the kernel now and you get this message if you build the
wrong one, or both)

The new cmos rtc driver was getting built as a module, rather than staticly into the kernel. Chuck checked in fixes yesterday, so some forthcoming rawhide kernel should be all good.

<BZZZZ> wrong,

Erm

I guess that sounds a bit more harsh then intented sorry. I always get a bit cranky when I take the time to thoroughly study and document a problem and others start making semi usefull comments without first reading the fine bug.

Regards,

Hans