Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

James Morris wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:

I really love SELinux and it is a great tool, and it helps a lot of
admins who use it, but because it is still too rough for the general
public it should not be forced onto them.

What is your target audience with SELinux?

The target audience is everyone.

What we are trying to do is make a fundamental change to computer security by taking decades of research and making it useful in the general case. We are shipping MAC as a standard, enabled-by-default feature of a general purpose OS. Welcome to the future, and thanks for being part of it.

- James

"Welcome to the future." No thanks, I disable my SELinux and they use my fedora desktop comfortably.

Somebody would argu that "Welcome to the future." would be more appropriate if fedora looked like future os. Don't get me wrong, I love using fedora. But to my mac and windows friends it looks like win98 :( Also not enabling 3d bling by default doesn't help (some like that feature much more that SELinux just because it makes thing pretty).

Weclome to the social. Wow starts now. ect, etc...

Those are just a nonsense quotes as yours. I understand security. I also understand desktop usability. I believe that SELinux it too raw for general purpose desktop. Give it a year or two to mature and maybe then.

Valent