Fedora 8 hanging

I'm getting constant hangs on my Fedora 8 on a Compaq Presario F500, with an AMD turion 64 (running Fedora 64) and an Nvidia video card (using the binary driver from livna).

For some reason I get random hangs (nothing works at all) and don't know if the nvidia driver is to blame or something in the kernel. Logs say nothing.

I'm using a koji kernel -101.fc8 which has a fix for my broadcom wireless card (with the kernels available in F8 hangs were more often and I couldn't get connected to my AP).

This Notebook work very well with Fedora 7 and I did an upgrade using the December re spin from fedora unity.

Any tip on what I can do to check where the problem is? I was gonna fill a bug report but I'm not sure where the problem is yet.