Re: Init : someone could comment this ?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Casey Dahlin wrote:

I have been in touch with Scott Remnant, and this is fortunately not true.

GOOD NEWS!

InitKit is a project to create a standard for event-based activation. The idea is that even if a bunch of distros NIH and implement themselves, upstream can count on certain behaviors. No actual software is planned to emerge from the project.

So the place where we can see all the Good Stuff from InitKit first with regard to init-alike systems will be in Upstart.

Great! Would be even greater if I could work full-time to get Upstart running on Fedora, but can't. I have this intense feeling that someone at RH must do this for it to work out...

Linus