Re: Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

John Poelstra wrote:
I would say that the recent change to rawhide tag rather than devel should have been more thorough and included a rawhide version (pre-F9) for instance. Getting rid of the 3 different -testX versions was good, but rawhide changes and bugs filed against it get left behind.

It was discussed on fedora-test-list at the time of the change of the bugzilla versions.

Most seemed to be in agreement that going forward, at the GA of each new release, the version of all existing rawhide bugs would be mass changed to the GA version. For example, for the upcoming release, open rawhide bugs at the time of GA we would changed to Fedora 9. This would have a few benefits as we go forward for each release:
  1) encourage the closing of rawhide bugs that qualify
2) anchor the remaining rawhide bugs to the closest GA release so there is a marker in the future as to when they were reported.

John

I guess I missed that discussion but that would indeed fix the problem of carrying Rawhide bugs along into next release.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> <ajfarris@xxxxxxxxx>