Re: Init : someone could comment this ?

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
On Jan 5, 2008 7:16 PM, Casey Dahlin <cjdahlin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
there may be an advantage. I don't know if I like python in particular
for this roll (maybe something like Haskell that has proven to be light
and quick as well as nicer to deal with) but python is very entrenched

+1 million :D

I'm actually very interested.

-Yaakov

Heh. Haskell is still on my "need to learn" list. A recent glance at the programming language shootout bumped it up a bit :)

Rewriting a few init scripts or adding LSB headers could be part of the hackfest.

On that note, is there a packaging requirement now that any new init scripts must have LSB headers? Should there be?

--CJD