Re: Yum broke in transaction, how to restore system?

Linus Walleij wrote:
I had yum breaking in the middle of a transaction yesterday (kernel post scriptlet failed) so now some packages were installed but no "clean up" was done.

Is there some archaic way of resolving this and run just the cleanups post-mortem? I never understood this quite, and yum manpage is not very helpful to unexpected situations...

Actually this happening so seldom is an indication of how good yum actually is, so me not knowing the answer already is a GoodThing(TM).

package-cleanup did it for me

# yum -y install yum-utils
# package-cleanup --cleandupes

then check