Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Dec 18, 2007 11:57 AM, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I explained that already twice: with the help of HAL/CK we are
notified whenever the active session changes and thus can give up
access to the audio hw and open it again when needed. That works fine,
and is part of F8.

I think one of the problems here is CK runs against a body of shared
administration experience
in the community. There isn't a shared understanding of how to use CK
effectively to get common hardware related admin crap done, so as a
result any explanation on how to do something semi-involved as an
administrator which boils down to "it uses CK to do it" just doesn't
connect.

Yes, that doesn't make any sense to me - even the concept of 'active session'. If your X display is on a nearby machine (or several) but you want local audio, is that 'active' or not in PA speak? What if you have mythtv running but not related to a logged in session and also want to log in?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx