Re: BIND will completely drop D-BUS dynamic forwarders table support

Adam Tkac wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. NM has to write something into
/etc/resolv.conf, right? This decision has to be done on NM side and
number of active devices (or connections) has nothing related to that.
And this information is exactly what named needs (nameserver statement
from resolv.conf). Nothing more (except some notifies when resolv.conf
is changed).

Don't we still have the problem with glibc not supporting updates to resolv.conf and isn't that exactly the reason we need a slim forwarding/caching nameserver locally? Especially for mobile devices, it can get tedious to have to restart the browser after you move to a different network and things like that.

/Thomas

Adam